To resolve the situation ”Gmail running out of space” -one needs to comprehend why Gmail memory gets full and what happens when Gmail memory gets overloaded. This will give the client an idea of why he/she should keep their Gmail space free.
The Gmail memory gets full due to not clearing up the mails the user receives out of cause. Keep in mind, even the unimportant files or trash files occupy the space in memory. To free up space in Gmail, one must expel the files from the bin and import the crucial ones to either another email client or save them in the system directory as backup files.
Moreover, When Gmail Memory gets overloaded then Gmail gives warnings to the user. Additionally, it doesn’t permit the client to send/get sends until memory frees up.
We will now look forward to how-to strategies to understand the circumstance.
Step 1: Categorize Emails with Attachments
- Login to Gmail by entering valid credentials such as username and password.
- In the search box, go to the drop-down menu and tick the option ‘Has Attachments’ in the search field. Next, press the Search button.
A label is generated for the new mail messages accordingly. Now, one can take the help of Google takeout to archive all the selected mail messages.
Step 2: Archive Google Mails using Google Takeout
- Access Google Takeout with the help of your Gmail account credentials.
- Next, press the Create Archive tab.
- In the Select data to Include pop-up window, activate the Mail option.
- In the Mail drop-down list, choose the Select label option.
- Now, press the Next button to customize the archive file.
- Here, pick the ZIP file as the archive file format.
- In the Archive size limit, pick out 2 GB.
- Now, pick the Send download link via email as Delivery Method.
- After archive process completion, check-off the checkbox near the mailbox for the download link.
- Access the mailbox using Google Takeout and hit the Download Archive button.
- In the Google Takeout platform, fetch the archive label in the ZIP file format and save it to your local PC.
Step 3: Delete Downloaded Mails from Gmail
Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete the downloaded Gmail files accordingly.
- Access your Gmail account and then move to the search box.
- In the drop-down menu, tick the option ‘Has attachments’ at the bottom and click the Search button.
- Now, all the email messages shown in the right-pane can easily be deleted or not. It’s up to you if you wish to delete them you can either select them individually or in groups.
To unclear the situation ‘’Gmail running Out of space’’ one must follow the above steps.
The above methodology is too tedious and appears to be time-consuming. It is clear if any of the above steps are missed, the issue won’t be solved. Henceforth., it is important to have a specialized understanding to operate on methods like this.
On the other hand, the market offers a more encouraging approach that ensures that all the information remains intact during the recovery process. One such utility is the Gmail Backup Tool. One way the utility can help an individual is by saving the Gmail messages into other mail clients and permitting the user to erase the old files after producing the resultant files. Let’s take a look at the insights of the utility.
- Save and Restore Gmail mailbox items like G-drive files/folders, Calendars, Emails, Contacts, etc.
- Converts Gmail emails in .mbox, .pdf, .eml, .txt, .html, .msg, etc.
- Allows retitling the resultant files using a naming convention.
- Export Gmail Contacts to mail clients such as Thunderbird, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.
- Suitable with all editions of Mac OS and Windows OS.
- Cooperative user interface for better insight.
- Allows erasing the old messages after the relocation and free up space in Gmail.
We have concluded that in the above blog the alternatives as well as manuals, give a better insight into the situation ‘’Gmail Running Out Of Space’’. In most cases, the user learns that manual approaches are tiring and take a lot of time than usual. Whereas, an alternative solution proves to be a lot helpful as they are specifically designed with the main motive. I hope you find this blog rewarding.